PORTER-CABLE® Jobsite Radio / Charger Review
PORTER-CABLE® PC18JR 18V Cordless/120V Corded Jobsite Radio
Earlier this year Porter-Cable announced their new 18V Cordless/120V Jobsite Radio. They recently sent us this new radio to play around with and below are our thoughts on this latest addition to their 18V line-up.
- Full protective roll cage and a flexible antenna.
- Weather resistant premium stereo speakers designed to withstand outdoor conditions and provide clear sound quality over jobsite background noise.
- Backlit clock and a digital tuner so professionals can choose stations at-a-glance from 10 FM and 10 AM presets.equipped with a
- 3.5 millimeter auxiliary input to work with external MP3 and CD players.
- Operates on Lithium and NiCd PORTER-CABLE 18V System batteries, or with 120V mains power.
- Operating with 120 Volt mains power activates the two 120V AC outlets to provide additional outlets for other corded tools on the site.
This year has seen plenty of jobsite radios and the Porter-Cable PC18JR is another quality entry. Every jobsite that we’re working on has multiple radios blasting away with music wars. The common theme though is everyone keeping batteries charged while enjoying their favorite tunes.
The PC18JR comes with all the features that are desired today along with a really nice heavy-duty power cord. Overall I was really impressed with the quality of the music, ease of operation and the rugged appearance. While the plastic role cage may look too flimsy I thought it was very strong and well designed (I even stood on top of it without breaking it and I’m a big guy!)
If I had to point out one feature that would be nice to add it would be some type of sensor light or indicator showing the status of the battery charger.
Overall I really like this radio and if you own Porter-Cable 18 Volt batteries then this radio is a great accessory. The radio will be available this October at Lowe’s.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.