Milwaukee 52″ Mobile Work Bench Review
52″ Mobile Work Station with Wood Top
52" Mobile Work Bench
Model number: 48-22-8552
Weight: 346 lbs
Features and Specifications
- Drawer sizes for pullout drawers under wood top: two 22.6 in. W x 21.4 in. D x 5 in. H; full-width drawer one 47.7 in. W x 19.9 in. D x 4.4 in. H. left side drawer bank: one 30.6 in. W x 19.9 in. D x 3.4 in. H, one 30.6 in. W x 19.9 in. D x 3.5 in. H, one 30.6 in. W x 19.9 in. D x 10.4 in. H. right side drawer bank: one 14.7 in. W x 19.9 in. D x 2.3 in. H, three 14.7 in. W x 19.9 in. D x 2.4 in. H, one 14.7 in. W x 19.9 in. D x 7.5 in. H
- Full extension, soft-close, 100 lb. rated ball bearing drawer slides
- Reinforced 6-Gauge angle iron trolley base frame provides 1,800 lb. load capacity
- 1.2 in. solid wood top is coated on all 6 sides for protection and durability
- Deep bottom drawer has a double set of 100 lb. slides and power tool organizers for your cordless tools and batteries
- Large, push bar style, steel tubular side handle for ease of maneuverability (can be mounted on either right or left side of cabinet)
- Four 5 in. x 2 in. industrial grade, polypropylene casters (2 swivel with dual pedal top brake and 2 rigid casters)
- Barrel key internal locking mechanism to secure your tools
- 6-outlet UL listed power bar with two 2.1 Amp USB charging ports built into the cabinet side wall
- Pre-cut, premium solid drawer liners help keep your tools in place and protect the drawers
- Non-marking corner bumpers
- Bolt-on side storage shelf can accommodate paint cans, Milwaukee battery chargers and other bulky items
- Adjustable long tool holder on side of cabinet
- Assembled dimensions with handle and casters installed: 55.4 in. W x 22.3 in. D x 41.1 in. H and weighs approximately 346 lbs.
- Minimal assembly required: attach casters, handle and accessories
Quality Fit and Finish
The first impression of this mobile work bench is the quality of construction. It gets delivered on a pallet from a freight company due to weighing over 300 lbs. The steel angle reinforced frame makes this thing a beast! Assembly was very easy with only a few simple items to attach like the wheels and exterior handles and shelf. Everything fit very well and all the necessary fasteners were included.
The hardwood top is really nice and solid. The big bonus here is the top is reversible so that you can turn it over after the top surface has been worn. This unit includes heavy duty full extension drawer slides rated at 100 lbs and they operate very smoothly. Lastly, the pre-cut premium foam drawer liners are a very nice feature.
I love the versatility of the storage this mobile work bench provides. There’s a combination of shallow, medium and deep drawers as well as a full width drawer which can be very useful for longer tools, levels and straight edges. All of the drawers include 100 lb capacity full extension drawer slides so that you can access tools even at the back of the drawer.
The top two drawers are excellent for slightly taller tools, or tools that you want visible. This is due to the unique design that allows clamps to be used on the wood top. The bottom wider deep drawer comes with metal partitions to allow for easy separation of tools (or you can remove them and not use them at all).
In addition to the drawers, Milwaukee has included some exterior accessories to further expand the storage of this unit. It comes with a bracket that allows screw drivers or other tools to be hung from one side of the cabinet. Also, there’s a short shelf that mounts to the side of the cabinet for storing materials or battery chargers. In addition to that, there are mounting holes that will allow you to hang battery chargers from the side of the cabinet as well.
Power Strip – USB Included
This mobile work bench also includes an integrated power strip on the right side. The power strip has 6 regular outlets on it along with 2 USB ports. My only gripe on this, and it’s a small issue, it would be really nice if the cord could be easily detached from this strip. So when the unit is against the wall and plugged in, and you want to roll it around the shop to do some work, the cord would be out of the way, and you could leave it plugged in ready to re-attach when you move it back.
Overall Impression – Milwaukee 52″ Mobile Work Bench
It’s really hard to find any flaws in this new mobile work bench from Milwaukee. The quality of the materials, the smooth operating drawers, and the versatile storage options make this a great mobile work bench for any shop. Priced just under $500 we think it’s also a great value! If you’d finally decided it’s time to take back your shop and get organized then be sure to check out the line of tool storage that Milwaukee has now. We’re sure you’ll be as impressed with the quality and features as we are.
About the author
Leave a comment
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.
Just add some Fastcap Kaizen foam to the cart drawers and you will be tooling!
This storage chest is no longer available. Do you have a recommendation on another brand of comparable size and function?