KEEN Utility Arvada Review
KEEN Utility Arvada Work Sneaker
Keen Utility Arvada Work Sneaker
Model number: 1027656
Weight: 19.08oz / 541g
Keen uses a proprietary mid-sole compression-resisting technology the call KEEN.ReGEN. Keen typically uses this technology on their more athletic style footwear [i.e., Red Hook, Pittsburgh Energy, Arvada] and they claim it returns up to 50% energy with every step.
Wearing the Arvada
While I can’t attest to returning 50% energy, I can tell you that the Arvada has a sneaker-like mesh upper that is breathable and don’t make my feet sweat. Additionally, the sneaker is so comfortable that I forget that it has a carbon-fiber safety toes, and they are lighter than my low-rise leather work shoe with a steel toe.
Another feature I like on the Arvada is the rubber outsole. Keen uses am EH-rated oil-and-slip-resistant rubber outsole.
The Arvada is the first pair of Keen Utility work shoes that I’ve worn that did not seem to need to be “broken in.” They were comfortable day1 and have amazing arch support. For me arch support is important and after a 10-hour day standing, kneeling, and climbing step ladders my arches did not ache at the end of the day.
After wearing the Arvada to work for three weeks, Im impressed and would categorize the Arvada as a light duty construction show. If I were framing or outside in bad elements I’d choose a heavier duty work boot. Having a super comfortable workshoe for interior job site work, and light duty exterior work has been a game changer for me.
• Left and right asymmetrical, non-metallic carbon-fiber toes offer unobtrusive fit and are 15% lighter than steel.
• Reflective webbing for additional safety and visibility
• Nylon shank for midfoot support
• Electrical hazard (EH) or Electric Shock Resistant (ESR) footwear provides a secondary source of protection in case accidentally encountering live electrical circuits.
• Abrasion-resistant synthetic upper
• Mesh liner provides breathability to help keep feet cool in warm environments.
• Removable metatomical PU footbed
• KEEN.ReGEN: A lightweight, compression-resisting midsole providing 50% more energy return than standard EVA foam.
• Oil- and slip-resistant non-marking rubber outsole
• Meets ASTM F3445-21 and F2413-18 M I/75 C/75 EH standards.
• Meets ASTM F1677-96 Mark II non-slip testing standards.
• Meets ASTM SATRA TM31 material abrasion testing standards.
• Outsole and midsole meet ASTM D471-06 903# oil and isooctane chemical resistance standards.
Price and Where T0 Buy
The Keen Utility Arvada work sneaker comes in four color schemes, and sells online here, Keen Utility Arvada, for approximately $120.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.