DEWALT DWE7480 10″ Compact Table Saw Review
DWE7480 10″ Compact Job Site Table Saw with Site-Pro Modular Guarding System
DEWALT 10" Compact Table Saw
Model number: DWE7480
Power source: 120V
Motor size: 15 Amp
Weight: 48 lbs
DWE7480 Features and Specifications
- Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- 24″ of rip capacity, easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials
- Site-Pro Modular Guarding System allows for tool free adjustments of the guarding components appropriate for each application
- 15 Amp 4800 rpm motor quickly rips through hardwoods with ease
- On Board Storage provides easy access to the Site-Pro Guarding components and push stick when not in use
- Metal roll cage base offers greater durability than plastic bases
- Blade can be adjusted 0 – 45 degrees for bevel applications
- Weighing only 48 lbs, the DWE7480 can easily be moved on and off the job
- Adjustable rear feet designed to level the saw on uneven work surfaces
- Dust port allows for 2-1/2″ vacuum hook up and minimizes clean up
- 24T carbide blade enhances cut quality and prolongs blade life
- Table coating reduces friction for smoother cutting
Compact Design Packs Power & Features
The keys to a good compact table saw is power and accuracy. The DWE7480 only weighs 48 lbs and the design of the handles makes it very compact and easy to carry. Combine that with the powerful 15 amp motor and their precisions fence and you get one of the best compact table saws on the market. The motor has been slightly upgraded from the previous version (DWE745) and spins at almost 1,000 RPM faster.
During testing I was able to easily rip 3/4″ plywood, 2x pressure treated lumber, and even 1x Maple. When trying to cut a 45 degree bevel in pressure treated 2x material I did have to slow down the feed rate quite a bit but this isn’t unexpected from my experience with compact table saws.
The DEWALT DWE7480 has several notable features including:
- Blade Guard – These guards are not unique to DEWALT but I’m a big fan. If you’re upgrading from an older jobsite table saw then the combination of riving knife and guard will be a huge safety improvement. I’ve been using this type of guard for a few years and I personally think they offer a solution that’s safe and workable.
- Rack and Pinion Telescoping Fence Rails – All of the new DEWALT job site table saws now use this system and it’s very effective. Having the rack and pinion on both sides of the table ensures that the fence remains parallel to the blade. They system is quite smooth and makes fence adjustments fast and easy. Using the dial to adjust the fence vs just nudging it seems to make small adjustments much easier.
- On Board Accessory Storage – DEWALT clearly made an effort to make it easy and convenient to store the accessories including the blade guard. One of my pet peeves on the job site is asking the crew where they put the guard. Typically it gets removed for some cross cutting or dado’s and then never makes it back on the saw. Having a dedicated storage location for the guard makes that much less likely to happen. There’s a place to store the wrench, guard, riving knife, and the anti-kickback knives.
Overall Impression | DEWALT DWE7480 Compact Table Saw
I love how portable the DEWALT DWE7480 10″ Compact Table Saw is. When all the accessories are packed away and you pick this saw up it is very well balanced and easy to handle. The handle allows you to carry the weight close to your body which makes the 48 lbs seem very reasonable.
The saw impressed me with it’s power when ripping difficult materials from framing to hardwood trim. The stock blade isn’t anything special but it does get the job done until you can upgrade to a better quality blade.
The steel roll cage design is perfect for the abuse these saws get moving from truck to job on a near daily basis. My one minor issue with regard to durability is the fence connection clamps that are made of plastic. I fear these may be the weak point in an otherwise great fence.
With 24″ of ripping capacity in a compact design, the DEWALT DWE7480 is an excellent choice for contractors needing a portable table saw.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.