Bosch JS572EBL Jig Saw Review – 7.2 Amp Barrel Grip
Bosch Barrel-Grip Jig Saw
Bosch JS572EBL Jig Saw
Model number: JS572EBL
Power source: 120V
Motor size: 7.2A
Weight: 4.9 lbs
I only recently became a fan of barrel-grip jig saws. Now they are the only type of jig saw that I use so I was pretty excited to get my hands on the latest version from Bosch, the JS572EBL.
The Bosch JS572EBL jig saw is an update of the popular JS470EB that we tested back some time ago. With this latest version Bosch continues to lead the pack with what I consider the best jig saws on the market.
Features and Specifications
- Precision Control II Double-Roller System-Laterally self-adjusting guidance system minimizes blade defection for excellent cut precision
- Switchable LED Lighting-For enhanced visibility of cutting area
- Large Die-Cast Aluminum Footplate with Tool-Free Adjustment-For fast and easy bevel adjustments
- Powerful Jig Saw with 7.2-Amp Rating-Highest jig saw amp rating, easily handles heavy loads
- Variable-Speed Control-Dial sets operating speed
- Constant Response™ Circuitry – Maintains speed under load
- Compact, Ergonomic Body with Upfront Grip Area-For maximum control, precision and comfort
- Exclusive Multi-Directional Blade Clamp-Provides superior grip of T-shank blades (Does not work with U-Shank blades)
- Aluminum gearbox with insulated cover
- Tool-Free Blade-Change System-Fast insertion, blade ejection lever eliminates need to touch hot blade
- Four orbital-action settings -Different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts
- Fully counterbalanced mechanism – Low-vibration design ensures extremely smooth operation
- Dust blower with on/off switch – Keeps view of cut line free of dust
The Best Just Got Better
I used to call the Bosch JS470EB the best damn jig saw on the market. I can’t do that anymore because the JS572EBL just took that title and made it even harder for the competition to put up a fight. When it comes to jig saws Bosch has it down to a science and the only other jigsaw that keeps pace is the Festool PS420EBQ. The new JS572EBL took all the great features of the JS470EB and added some additional great features and improved on others for a jig saw that’s hard to compare to others.
The new Precision Control II Double-Roller System is at the heart of the redesign. Adding an additional roller and placing it as close to the work piece as possible they’ve been able to add much more lateral stability to the blade. The result is the ability to cut tight curves while maintaining a perpendicular cut face. Sounds easy but this is one of the things that most jig saws struggle with.
JS572EBL Jig Saw Packed with Useful Features
Some people might argue that all jig saws are essentially the same right? That’s simply not true especially when you look at a high quality jig saw like the JS572EBL. Several features on this model really impressed me including:
- LED Light – Having a LED light on a jigsaw isn’t new, but Bosch really ramped things up with a very simple, yet innovative feature. The Bosch JS572EBL jig saw includes a switch that allows you to turn the LED on or off, regardless of whether the motor or trigger are engaged. While this may sound like a minor detail, I think it’s incredibly innovative and I’d love to see it used on other power tools! On the back side of the upper grip area there’s a small on/off switch.
- Dust Collection – The Bosch JS572EBL Jig saw comes with a dust extraction kit. The kit includes a swiveling dust port and a dust shroud that its the front of the jig saw. When both devices are installed on the JS572EBL it does a very good job at collecting dust. The only downside is the dust shroud can’t work when cutting bevels as it hits the lower shoe.
- 7.2 Amp Motor – The Bosch JS572EBL has the largest motor in the category with 7.2 amps. That’s almost a full amp more than any other barrel grip jig saw on the market and the added power certainly comes in handy when cutting hardwood and difficult tasks like bevel cuts.
The Bosch JS572EBL also includes great features like an easy to use tool-free blade change, tool-free bevel adjustment, variable speed blower and a nice extra long 13′ long cord.
Durable, Quality Jig Saw
The more I test Bosch power tools the more I come to appreciate their robust quality and durability. There’s a feeling of “heft” that I get every time I pick up a Bosch tool and it gives me an incredible amount of confidence in their products. In fact, that “heft” is the slight edge I give the Bosch JS572EBL over the Festool PS420EBQ (the Festool is an amazing jigsaw as well and offers features this model does not). I always know the Bosch tools will take the abuse of daily jobsite conditions and years of use.
The JS572EBL has a very nice over-mold that’s comfortable and looks very durable. The Die-Cast Magnesium Footplate provides a very stable and strong base. And the long 13′ long power cord is a high quality soft rubber that doesn’t easily hold a memory.
Overall Impression | Bosch JS572EBL Jig Saw
The Bosch JS572EBL Barrel Grip Jig Saw is one of the top two corded jigsaws on the market. The 7.2 amp motor with Constant Response™ Circuitry, combined with the Precision Control II Double-Roller System, produces accurate, smooth cuts without blade drift. The powerful LED light and effective dust control also add to the great features of this jig saw.
When you throw in the L-Boxx storage system and offer it at a price below $300 I think it’s a great value. This is a top quality power tool that offers precision and power for any task from residential to commercial construction. If you’re in the market for a new corded jig saw this one should be on your short list!
About the author
Leave a comment
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.
When you click the buy now, it takes you to Amazon but to the K model, not the L model. Where do you buy the L model.
I don’t believe it’s available any more. I believe the K model is though.