The Woodworking & D.I.Y. Show
Friday, Noon – 6 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Eastern States Exposition
1305 Memorial Avenue
West Springfield, MA 01089
Sawdust will blanket the floor, wood shavings will soar, and buzz saws will whir as the region’s largest event for woodworkers and D.I.Y enthusiasts sets up shop in New England Friday, January 14 through Sunday, January 16. Visitors to the Woodworking & D.I.Y Show will be able to tackle fixer-upper projects with confidence as woodworking celebrities share helpful tips and trade secrets; hobbyists test drive the latest tools from national manufacturers and shop Show-only prices; and masters share the artistry of woodworking during hands-on demonstrations.
Highlights of the Show include:
- WOOD Magazine Demos: WOOD Magazine expert Jim Heavey will share decades of experience and insider tips as he reveals the versatility of the router, and illustrates how it can be used in a variety of home improvement projects.
- Expert Advice: In start-to-finish demonstrations, Peter Gedrys will share his insight into bringing new luster to an outdated kitchen with a little elbow grease and cabinet refinishing techniques. Bob Settich will take woodworking to the next level with shop-proven techniques for building cabinets, doors, and drawers. Bandsaw devotee Alex Snodgrass will show hobbyists why this most used, but misunderstood, tool should be their go-to for most projects. Graham Blackburn will share the intricacies of building custom furniture and demonstrate construction techniques using traditional hand tools. Richard Wedler will give finished pieces panache using decorative wood inlay.
- New England Guilds Share Their Skill: Members of local guilds will display their handcrafted works, and host informal Strolling Seminars about woodworking basics, including woodcarving and woodturning demonstrations, technique, tools, and how to get started with at-home projects.
- Try the Tools: National manufacturers including Bosch, Kreg, Lee Valley & Veritas, Carter Products, Milescraft, Woodline USA, Stanley-Black & Decker, Bad Dog Tools, and many more will demonstrate their newest tools and products for drilling, cutting, planing, routing, and more.
- Learn to Turn with Craft Supplies: Kids and adults alike will delight in the hands-on experience of using a lathe to turn a raw block of wood into a one-of-a-kind pen they can take home.
- Logs to Lumber with the Wood Mizer: Visitors will see what happens when the massive Wood Mizer sinks its teeth into raw wood – ripping down a log into valuable, usable lumber. Live demonstrations will be paired with tips about getting the best yield. Exotic logs cut at the Show will be available to purchase.
- ShowOFF Showcase: Woodworkers and craftspeople of all experience levels can enter the ShowOff Showcase for the chance to win Bosch Tools and be recognized as one of the area’s finest emerging talents. All submissions must have been created in the last 12 months.
The Woodworking Shows are the largest and best-attended woodworking and D.I.Y events in the country.
Tickets to The Woodworking & D.I.Y Show are $10 for adults and free for children under 15 years old. Parking is free and available on-site.
For more information about the Show or to pre-register for the ShowOFF Showcase, visit www.TheWoodworkingShows.com.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.