Milwaukee M12 FUEL™ 5/8″ SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Kit
Milwaukee M12 FUEL™ 5/8″ SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Kit (2416-22XC)
On Facebook and Twitter yesterday Milwaukee revealed a new tool coming out next month (May 2013). It’s the newest addition to the M12 Fuel line, a 5/8″ SDS Plus rotary hammer kit. It looks similar to the 2412 released earlier but with a faster brushless motor, 1/8″ larger hole capacity, and ships with the new 4.0 AH batteries.
- REDLINK™ Intelligence: Provides optimized performance and overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery and charger
- REDLITHIUM™ Battery Technology: Superior pack construction, electronics, and performance deliver more work per charge and more work over pack life than any battery on the market
- Electro-pneumatic mechanism: Drills up to 5/8” holes in poured concrete and masonry
- Powerful 12-volt motor: Delivers 0-900 RPM and 0-6,200 BPM for superior performance
- Compact, lightweight design: Allows you to work comfortably in tight spaces and all day
- 2-Mode operation: Choose rotary hammer or rotation only for maximum versatility
- LED Light: Illuminates the work surface
- Voltage: 12V
- Battery: M12 REDLITHIUM XC4.0
- Charger: 12V charger
- Length: 10″
- Weight: 3.9 lbs
- LED Light: Yes
- Tool Warranty: 5 Years
- Battery Warranty: 3 Year
- Charge Time: 1 hour
- Solid Bit Capacity: 5/8″
- Drilling Mode: Rotary Hammer and Rotation Only
Who is this tool for
Plumbers, electricians, HVAC installers, acoustical ceiling installers, and pretty much any other trade that has to do a lot of repetitive holes overhead in concrete. With a 4.0 AH battery and a brushless motor, a guy can drill a lot of holes and not get too tired since it only weighs 3.9 pounds. Heck, the corded equivalent of this tool weighs more. If I was a MEP company owner I’d be buying the lightest most capable tools possible. Light tools reduce shoulder and elbow injuries and that saves a company money in the long run. I can see this tool having a number of other niche uses as well but MEP trade contractors are the ones to benefit the most from this.
The Milwaukee M12 FUEL™ 5/8″ SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Kit is slated to ship next month with an asking price of $299. We’re hoping to get one into the shop a little sooner than that so we can put it through it’s paces for a thorough review. Look for it at your local Milwaukee dealer or pre-order online from our friends at Ohio Power Tool.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.