Dremel® Micro™ 8050 Preview
Compact Cordless Rotary Tool
MT. PROSPECT, Ill. – September 2, 2014 — The introduction of the Dremel® Micro™ 8050 marks a new milestone for the brand. Hailed as the most powerful and precise compact cordless rotary tool Dremel has yet to produce, its size, ergonomics and first-to-market integrated LED front-end lighting make it the ideal choice for everything from detailed crafts to DIY tasks.
“The Micro 8050 represents a new evolution in the rotary tool category that offers precise control with surprising power,” said Ed Pchola, product director for Dremel. “It fills a need for a multifunctional tool for people who engage in hands-on, detailed activities.”
With LED features such as unparalleled front-end lighting, variable-speed indicator and battery fuel gauge, as well as a docking station charger that automatically stops charging when the batteries have reached capacity, the Micro 8050 is always prepared to tackle detailed work and tight spaces.
“Portable and versatile, this is the most brilliantly powerful and ergonomically-friendly tool on the market,” said Pchola. “It’s going to prove highly popular with hobbyists and crafters.”
Dremel Micro 8050 Product Strengths:
- Sleek ergonomic design makes it light and easy to handle for detailed projects and tight spaces
- New LED smart features such as front-end lighting, variable speed indicator and fuel gauge allow for optimal use
- New, compact, lightweight 8V Max Lithium-ion battery for power in a smaller size, always ready and no memory effects
- Docking Station continually charges so the tool is always fully charged and ready to use
- 360° Grip Zone with soft grip for comfort and control
- Quick Collet Lock for fast accessory changes
- Speed indicator to select optimal speed for each application (5,000 – 28,000 RPM)
- Fully compatible with all Dremel rotary tool accessories
Catalog Number: 8050-N/18
“Perhaps the most exciting part of this national launch will be the brilliant projects this revolutionary tool will help inspire and complete,” said Pchola. “Dremel users are a part of the ‘maker movement’ sweeping the country, and we are consistently driven by their loyalty to design better products.”
The Dremel Micro 8050 is available nationwide at Home Depot and Lowe’s and online at Amazon.com for an MSRP of $89 USD. For more information on Dremel products, project ideas and problem-solving tips, visit www.dremel.com or call Dremel at 1-800-437-3635.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.