Pacific Laser Systems PLS180 Review
Pacific Laser Systems PLS180
Last year I purchased the Pacific Laser Systems PLS-60521 PLS180 Tool, 180-degree Fan Angle, Plumb and Level Line Tool for my crew who frames large metal stud commercial projects. The laser line tool is used for laying out plumb lines for the metal stud framing. Framing tall metal stud walls without a laser is like framing wood walls without hammers!
After using this tool for over a year I think it’s a great product and worth sharing my thoughts about it.
- The PLS180 from Pacific Laser Systems has the longest length of line and fan angles in the industry.
- Fast, accurate and portable, this plumb, level, and square laser line tool will be such a time saver, your bubble vial level or rotary laser will become obsolete.
- PLS SLD Detector expands the utility of the PLS180 to exterior use – execute short and mid-range exterior horizontal and vertical layout tasks simply and easily.
- The PLS180 weighs less than 10 ounces, and has a self-leveling range of 6 degrees.
- The PLS180 operates on 3 AA batteries for over 30 hours.
- The PLS180 tool comes complete with carrying case, wall bracket, PLS180 pouch, batteries, operating manual and a 1 year warranty. The PLS180 system also includes a SLD laser detector.
- Accuracy: +/- 1/8 inch @ 30 Feet (+/- 3mm @ 10 meters)
- Working Range: +/- 200 Feet (61 meters) w/ SLD Detector
- Weight: 1.7lbs (.77kg.)
- Power Supply: 3 “AA” Batteries
- Dimensions: 2″ x 2 7/8″ x 3 3/8″
- Fan Angle 180 Degrees
- Self Leveling Range: 6 Degrees
- Operating Time: +35 Hrs
Accuracy has always been an issue for me with some of these lasers. So we tested the plumb lines by marking some plumb lines 20 feet in the air and checking them with a good old fashioned plumb bob! The lines matched up perfectly which means the laser works great even at longer distances.
The feature that I like best about this laser is the ability to attach it to our normal transit tripod. You need to buy the Tripod Adapter in order to mount it on the tripod but it’s certainly worth the extra money. This allows you to set it up at a fixed location and shoot both horizontal and vertical laser reference lines.
We purchased our laser from Amazon for $274 with Free shipping. I think it’s a great value when you compare it to similar models that can cost well over $500. We’ve used other Pacific Laser Systems equipment in the past with great luck so I’m sure this laser will be just as reliable.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.