Milwaukee M12™ Cordless High Performance Jig Saw Review
M12™ Cordless High Performance Jig Saw Kit 2445-21
Last summer Milwaukee announced additions to their M12 cordless lineup including the all new M12™ Cordless High Performance Jig Saw Kit 2445-21. I’ll be the first to admit that I was skeptical about having a 12 volt cordless jigsaw but I was VERY surprised instead!
Model 2445-21 Features and Specifications
- Compact and Lightweight – Only 3.8 lbs and 8.75″ long
- Maximum Control – Innovative Hybrid Grip™ design delivers greater control by bringing the grip closer to the material with a variable speed trigger
- Powerful Cutting – 3/4″ Stroke length & 0-2,800 SPM for fast and controlled cutting through various materials
- Quick Changes – Quik-Lok™ T-Shank blade clamp and tool-free 450 bevel capability with positive lock at 900
- Smooth Cutting – Designed to minimize vibration by keeping the weight over the cutting area
- LED Light and Fuel Gauge – Illuminates the cut line and displays remaining run-time
- Voltage: 12V
- Speed: 0-2,800 SPM
- Stroke Length: 3/4″
- Trigger: Variable Speed
- Bevel Capacity: 45 Degrees
- Bevel Adjust: Tool-Free
- Counterbalanced Mechanism: Yes
- Tool Weight: 4.2 lbs
Evaluation and Performance
To say I was surprised by the power and performance of this cordless tool is an understatement. I’m reminded almost daily of how amazing the cordless tool industry has been over the last couple of years. The M12™ Cordless High Performance Jig Saw is really great. I spent the last two months using this jigsaw instead of my corded versions and I never once felt as though I was missing out on the performance of my other tools. The following are highlights from my testing:
- Power – This 12 volt jigsaw has no problem cutting everything from hardwood to plywood. As long as you have a good quality blade properly matched to the cutting material this thing cuts like a champ!
- Vertical Cut Accuracy – For me the single most important performance issue on jigsaws is how well the blade can cut a plumb line especially in a curve. The 2445-21 exceeded my expectations and performed very well.
- Features – I was also glad to see that Milwaukee didn’t skimp on features with this 12 volt tool. The motor is very robust, the removable/replaceable no mar plate puts this saw on par with higher end corded versions and the LED lights are very useful.
- Battery Life – I was also very happy with the battery life. The Red-Lithium M12 battery pack was able to complete any task I tried. It also worked very well in my cold (30 degree) shop.
- Comfort – The grip and balance of the jigsaw mimic the handling of good quality barrel grip jigsaws.
Once again Milwaukee has introduced a tool that’s quite a bit different than the competition. They also pushed the envelope on using a smaller battery platform and it paid off! The M12™ Cordless High Performance Jig Saw met and exceeded all of my expectations. In fact the quality of this cordless tool will result in lots of people ditching their big, heavy corded versions.
Probably the only negative comment I can come up with on this new tool is the price point. Priced around $200 it’s comparable to many of the high quality corded jigsaws and 18volt versions. The only saving grace is the fact that it has top notch quality as I’ve come to expect from Milwaukee which means if you do buy it the tool will likely last you forever.
Where To Buy
The new M12™ Cordless High Performance Jig Saw is available at all major tool supply locations that carry Milwaukee Brand Tools. You can also buy it online on Amazon at the following link:
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.