RIDGID 18V Vacuum Review
RIDGID 18V Vacuum Review
The RIDGID 18V Vacuum is a new handheld style cordless, brushless wet/dry vacuum that runs off of their 18V battery platform. Lately RIDGID (and RYOBI) have really been raising the bar with what’s possible in cordless tools. We’ve seen cordless routers, compressors, and belt sanders. These are tools we thought would eventually go cordless but not for a year or two (or three). So with these cordless tools now on the market, it should be no surprise that the RIDGID 18V vacuum is a really powerful and highly efficient cleaner. It is awesome for quick cleanups in the shop or on the jobsite.
Features and Specifications
- Capacity: 4 cups
- Tool Weight: 3 lbs
- Built-In, Washable Pre-Filter for blocking large debris
- Includes a Floor Nozzle, Crevice Nozzle, and 2 ft. Extension Tube allowing you to clean up large areas and reach tight spaces
- Brushless Motor Technology delivers more runtime, power, and gives a longer motor life
- Wet/Dry Capability allowing you to vacuum both wet and dry debris
- Lifetime Service Agreement: Free parts, free service, for life
- Volts: 18V
- Length: 21.75″
- Width: 6″
- Height: 7.5″
RIDGID 18V Vacuum In Use
My shop is roughly half of our 3 car garage. Often times though when assembling larger projects, I annex the wife’s parking spot as well. This means some of the dust spills over that way too. I have dust collection on most of my stationary tools but the more portable drills, drivers, saws, and sanders (belt) don’t have adequate collection. This means that after a day of work, there could be quite a bit of dust and small debris strewn all over the floor. Having a couple small children and a dog, we used to have saw dust tracked into the house fairly frequently. Since getting the RIDGID 18v vacuum though, it’s a simple task of just cleaning up a small mess just as quickly as it happens. It’s just so easy to grab the vac off the hook on the wall, run the floor wand over the work area, and hang it back up.
Another area I use it for frequently is in front and on top of the table saw. I have the RIDGID R4512 table saw and it has awesome cabinet dust collection but nothing over the top of the blade. After a long day of sawing, there can be quite a bit of dust on the table and on the floor just in front of the saw. Grab the vac, clean it up, done. Check out the short videos below.
What I Love
- It’s so easy to use.
- Click the trigger on and it’s at full power.
- The two attachments, the wand and crevice tool, store right on the vacuum.
- The dust bin is so easy to empty.
- It’s weighted really well when using the wand.
- The wand has little rollers so that it glides right over the floor without sucking down.
- Great value at $79.97 bare tool.
- Highly portable. Excellent for small jobsite cleanups. I’d call it a must have for installers.
What Can Be Improved
- A bigger dust bin would be helpful. I’d rather not empty it as much as I do.
- Not have the vac port integrated into the dust bin. I’d rather leave the wand attached.
Where To Buy
I haven’t seen the RIDGID 18V vacuum in Home Depot yet but it can be purchased online from HomeDepot.com. I imagine it will hit shelves shortly. Finally, it’s a great tool worthy of shelf space at the store and a place at your shop or jobsite.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.