Makita 18V LXT Li-Ion Cordless / Corded Work Light Review
Makita 18V LXT DML809 Cordless / Corded Work Light
18V LXT Cordless/Corded Work Light
Model number: DML809
Power source: 18V / 120 AC
Weight: 15.4 lbs w/ 2 batteries
Features and Specifications
- 3-mode operation: delivers 10,000 lumens on High, 4,000 lumens on medium, and 2,000 lumens on Low
- Up to 1.7 hours of continuous illumination with two 6.0Ah 18V LXT® battery on high (batteries and charger not included)
- Up to 8.5 hours of continuous illumination with two 6.0Ah 18V LXT® battery on low (batteries and charger not included)
- Dust and water-resistant construction (IP65 rated) for improved operation in harsh job site conditions
- L.E.D. lights effectively illuminate work area without the high heat of halogens
Adjusting knobs enable the user to direct the flood light to desired angle
- Battery or corded operation; compatible with 18V LXT® batteries (batteries and charger not included)
- Back up power is provided by an 18V LXT® battery and keeps the flood light on if AC power is lost (charged battery must be installed)
AC cord can easily be stored with built in cord storage
- Holds (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries but operates using (1) 18V battery at a time; utilizes second battery when needed
- Convenient carrying handle folds down for convenience
- Compact design at only 10-7/8″ high
- Weighs only 15.4 lbs. with two BL1860B batteries (batteries and charger not included)
- Work Light can be mounted on optional tripod light stand individually or with two Work Lights (tripod light stand not included)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
Makita DML809 On The Job Site
With all the choices in job site lighting out there it may seem overwhelming but for most of us the decision typically (for cordless options) will largely revolve around what battery platform we’re already invested in. So Makita users finally have some new job site lighting options to choose from and this model is particularly nice.
The best part of this new job site light is the fact it runs on both 18V batteries and 120V AC giving users the best of both worlds making it a very versatile job site work light. It holds two 18V battery packs but uses one at a time so it’s possible to run with only 1 pack installed. After the first battery is exhausted it uses the 2nd pack. It comes with on board cord storage brackets so the cord can be stored when not in use. This is a great feature to help users keep from losing the cord.
Lots of Lumens
The Makita DML809 features three different modes/settings for the brightness of the LED lights.
- 10,000 lumens on High
- 4,000 lumens on medium
- 2,000 lumens on Low
This is a very bright light that works great lighting a large area. I set it up in a room we were renovating and also in a furnace room and it provided more than enough light for the entire room.
Where To Buy
Makita 18V LXT Cordless/Corded Work Light
Overall Impression – Makita DML809
The Makita DML809 is an excellent cordless/corded job site work light. It’s very well built and extremely bright. It can also be mounted on an optional tripod for additional functionality. The only slight thing that I didn’t care for is the weight of the unit. When two batteries are installed this light weighs just over 15 lbs which is quite a lot especially when lugging it around from job to job. Priced at just over $250 it’s a good value for a quality job light. If you’re on the Makita battery platform and you want a great quality job light then this is definitely a great option.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.