DEWALT 20V 7-1/4″ Circular Saw with Flexvolt Advantage Technology
DEWALT 20V Flexvolt Advantage Technology 7-1/2″ Circular Saw Review Model DCS573B
7-1/4" Circular Saw w/ Flexvolt Advantage Technology
Model number: DCS573B
Power source: 20v-60v
Motor size: Brushless
DEWALT recently launched a line of 20V Max with Flexvolt Advantage Technology tools. This review is for the DEWALT 20V Max 7-1/4″ Circular Saw w/ Flexvolt Advantage Technology.
The tools that have been released are the 7-1/4″ circular saw, 1/2″ hammer drill, reciprocating saw, and 4-1/2″-5″ grinder. All of these tools are currently in the hands of the Tool Box Buzz professionals being evaluated on the job site to give you the best facts and our opinions so you can make wise purchase decisions
The Benefits of Flexvolt Advantage Technology
What’s the Difference?
The difference in this saw vs the DEWALT 60V Flexvolt Circular Saw is very little. A couple of the noticeable items are the Flexvolt Advantage Technology’s saw has a silver blade guard and shoe plate where the Flexvolt saw is all black. The only other key difference is the ability to run on either 60v/20v or strictly on 60v.
What’s the Same?
These two saws are the same in weight and size. They both have the same industry-leading ergonomics, rafter hook, and onboard storage blade changing wrench. Both of these saws are the same cost which will be detailed below.
DEWALT DCS573B Manufacturer Specifications
- UP TO 77% MORE POWER** when paired with FLEXVOLT® batteries
- FASTER CUTTING: Powerful brushless motor delivers 5,500 RPM for faster cutting
- Maximum depth of cut of 2-9/16 in. at a 90°
- Maximum depth of cut of 2 in. at a 45°
- ELECTRIC BRAKE stops the blade after the trigger is released
- INCREASED VISIBILITY: Bright LED increases visibility and cut accuracy
- EASY STORAGE: Integrated rafter hook for quick and easy storage
- Optional dust port compatible with the DEWALT® AirLock™ system or a standard 35 mm dust extractor to minimize dust during cutting
- Tool Connect™ Chip Ready: Chip pocket accepts Tool Connect™ Chip DCE042 and connects with Tool Connect™ Site Manager app for easy asset management on the job site. (DCE042 sold separately)
- COMPATIBLE with all DEWALT® 20V MAX* and FLEXVOLT® Batteries
Using the DEWALT DCS573B on Site
We have been evaluating the DEWALT DCB573B on deck construction job sites. We ran the saw on both a 6.0Ah Flexvolt battery as well as the 20V 8.0Ah battery. There was a noticeable difference in power from one to the other. We started off cutting with the 60V and were able to make it the whole day on just one battery. After cutting forty 2″x10″ joists we switched over to the 20V to finish up the mid-span and picture frame blocking and noticed the decrease in power and speed. Once we cut a bunch of blocking we switched back to the 60V to complete the task.
Overall Impression and Cost
If considering purchasing this saw, you do not have to worry about which DEWALT platform you are on. You have the option to select either the 20v or the 60V Flexvolt platform. Need more power use the Flexvolt battery or simply need to make a few cuts pick the 20v battery. Having the option keeps the end-user from having to spend additional money on another battery.
DEWALT 7-1/4" Circular Saw w/ Flexvolt Advantage Technology
Buy Now From Our Sponsored Retailers
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.