Freud CNC Router Bits
Freud extends their broad range of over 400 CNC bits with 7 new profiles perfect for sign-making, carving and detail work
Freud has just introduced a new series of CNC router bits optimized for smaller computerized routing (CNC) machines. Freud, with over 25-years’ experience in developing premium router bits for CNC machines, along with being the only manufacturer that produces its own carbide, has specifically designed these new durable CNC bits with unique cutting geometries and Perma-SHIELD® non-stick coating for unrivaled durability and cutting performance.
Item # 71-101 – 1/2″ Up Cut Spiral Ball Nose, 1/4″ Shank
Item # 72-202 – 1-1/8″ Up Cut Spiral Ball Nose Solid Carbide Bit
Item # 72-300 – 6.2° 1/32″ CD, 1/4″ Shank Tapered Ball Tip CNC Bit
Item # 72-400 – 5.4° x 1/16″ CD Tapered Ball Tip CNC Bit
Item # 73-762 – 1/2″ O-Flute Up Spiral Bit Solid Carbide Bit
Item #TM1465 – 1/2″ Shank Spoilboard Surfacing Insert Cutter
Set Item # 87-108 – 8 Piece Sign Making CNC Bit Set, 1/4″ Shank
Set Item # 87-208 – 8 Piece General Purpose CNC Bit Set, 1/4″ Shank
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Enhanced TiCo™ Super Density Carbide with chromium designed and manufactured by Freud for 2x cutting life.
- Advanced cutting geometry for superior chip evacuation and finish quality.
- Brilliant Polished Mirror finish grind to eliminate build up.
For V-Groove bits and other brazed carbide bits:
- Enhanced TiCo™ Super Density Carbide with chromium is designed and manufactured by Freud specifically to protect against corrosion and maximize cutting life.
- Perma-SHIELD® Permanent Non-Stick Coating reduces friction and resin adhesion while preventing corrosion for less work and cleaner cuts.
- Tri-Metal Brazing consists of copper sandwiched between two layers of silver alloy to create a stronger, more impact-resistant bond between the carbide and the bit.
- Computer Balancing reduces chatter, resulting in clean, smooth profiles.
- Multi-Axis Grinding provides consistent relief angles on the entire cutting edge, which reduces burning and provides a flawless finish.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.