Channellock #87 Rescue Tool Review
Shorter, Lighter Design Offers First Responders Pocket-Size Rescue Tool
The new Channellock #87 Rescue Tool fits a nitch that other tools in the industry don’t. This tool fits nicely in a firefighter’s turnout pocket and light enough not to hinder movement. In addition to the lighter, smaller design the following features including:
- The cutting tool makes short work of battery cables, which quite often are wrapped in mangled metal, making their smaller size a big advantage.
- The tapered wedge has many uses, forceable entry tool, for windows and doors.
- The tapered wedge can be used to prop doors open.
- The tool is a great spanner wrench and gas shut off wrench.
- I am sure firefighters will find many other functions for this tool.
Firefighters from the City of Fillmore, CA helped evaluate this tool. Below are some photos from on the job training with the new Channellock #87 Rescue Tool.
The only thing that the firemen thought would also be helpful is a sharp point for breaking glass. Other than that the #87 Channellock Rescue Tool was great! If you’re a first responder, fireman or EMT this tool is extremely useful.
Special Thanks – A special thanks to the firemen of Fillmore, CA Fire Department for sharing their thoughts about this new tool.
About the author
Product reviews on this site contain our opinion of a product or service. We will always strive for objectivity and transparency in our reviews. Our goal is to provide readers with honest, objective information based on our own experiences. We never have and never will accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the products that we review are provided to us for free by a manufacturer or retailer. In some cases, we also have advertising or affiliate relationships with manufacturers and retailers of products and services we review. For additional information please visit our additional disclosure policies.